Wednesday, January 18, 2012

From My Head to My Heart

"Shhhhh, I think your heart is speaking to me!"
It was a ladies meeting...
The speaker was talking about your earliest memory.
She stated that these earliest memories are still there because your emotions were extremely high when they occurred, they were imprinted on your heart. Some of these memories may be lies that you have believed for years. It is not enough to know the truth in your mind but you need to move the truths you know in your mind (intellectual)  down to your heart (emotional) or the lies in the heart will win out every time.
I began flipping back through the pages in my mind of my earliest memory.
Like a magazine in the wind the pages began flipping faster and faster, each one yelling out the message that I have believed and tried to disprove all my life. "You are not good enough".

Now what,
I can waller around in all those memories or
I can replace that message that has been written on my heart over and over again with the truth.

"Because of Christ and his redemption I am deeply loved, completely forgiven, fully pleasing,
totally accepted and complete in Christ. "

This came out of a book entitled In Search of Significance by Robert S. McGee. I went through this study many years ago so this truth should be written on my heart, right? Wrong, over and over again because of something I see as failure comes up and chokes out the truth, fear grips me again and I begin grasping ahold of the lie, "You are not good enough".
We get so caught up in the whirlwind of the "cares of this world" that we don't even realize that Satan moves in slowly, very sneaky and before we know it we are not only believing the lie we are living it. That wouldn't be so bad if it just involved me but my actions, and my words are imprinting that same lie on the hearts of my children. Now Satan has crossed the line, and it is time to pull out the weapons of warfare!

2 Corinthians 10:4-5  (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

My first weapon being truth. God loves us and accepts us just as we are, failures and all. We are righteous because of the blood of Jesus Christ not because of anything we do. This is tough, especially when your trying to teach your kids about the fear of the Lord and you will reap what you sow. How else are you supposed to make them behave? "However, the focus of the gospel is on relationships, not regulations. Christ's exercise of His lordship in our lives is dependent on our attending to His moment-by-moment instruction. Focusing only on rules will relegate our lives to the prison of self-examination." We can't use religion "Religion says, 'I obey, therefore I am accepted.' Christianity says, 'I am accepted, therefore I obey.'Alistair Beg" Grace and Love and Mercy these are the things that I need to be mesmerized by, entranced, soak in, and live out.
2 Corinthians 6:1  We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment