Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"They're watching us."
"We're not doing anything wrong."
"But they think we are." 
 
Accuse or Exhort
Revelation 12:10  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
I got a phone call on Tuesday from Daniel saying-“ Mom I need you to come and pick me up, the police will not let me drive home.” Positive #1 he’s alive #2 he’s ok –he’s obviously capable of driving home they just won’t let him. #3 His car is drivable… I grab D, so he can drive Daniel’s car home, not knowing quite what to expect. As we pull up to the spot less than 5 miles from our house a fire truck is pulling away, we see three police cars and an ambulance. As we get out an advocate of Satan, the accuser, begins to recite the story. Daniel got tired, really sleepy, so much so that he couldn’t keep his eyes open…for those of you who don’t know our history, Daniel totaled out a car with his dad in it when they both fell asleep. This time-he pulled over… a concerned man saw him “passed out” and after knocking on the window twice with no response, called the police. The Advocate said over and over again….THAT’s NOT normal for him to be asleep that hard. Really? Have you ever tried to wake my son up from a deep sleep, believe me this is normal. This woman had seen too much, they searched his car, they searched his phone, they treated him like he did something wrong when he did something right. My response, when Daniel walks over to me from the ambulance…. I give him a hug…and say, “Thank-you for pulling over; most people would have kept on going, only being 5 miles from the house.” Do you know the statistics about wrecks happening 5 miles from home, they are pretty high. The car was upright, my son was safe, and it was a nice call. I tell you this because I have seen a lot growing up with four, fairly wild, brothers and I have acted as an accuser of the brethren with my own children and assumed the worst. I am asking you to AVOID doing this, listen to the facts and do not assume.  
1 Corinthians 13:5 [Charity]  Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
It never occurred to me that when I was thinking evil, I was not loving them. I do not have the excuse that I have seen too much or heard too much. Yes, I’ve seen a lot and heard a lot but I’m sure not near as much as the police officer had.
Philippians 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
I am changing my thought pattern, I will wait before I speak. No longer will I act on instinct, nor will I make assumptions, or follow my first thought. Up lift, build, believe in, that is my goal from now on. I’m not talking about having rose colored glasses on but instead of judging being my first reaction, how about love and acceptance? Only by God’s grace and strength!
“Don’t tell them what they already know, don’t be the straw that broke the camel’s back. Tell them what they don’t know, tell them that God loves them and he has a plan for their lives. He has a destiny for them. Yeah, Tell them that.”
Hebrews 3:13-14  But exhort [invite, invoke, beseech, call for, desire] one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;


No comments:

Post a Comment