Saturday, January 14, 2012

Melt Down 101


Yes, there were signs that it was coming, moments of weakness, lack of control, tired, getting sick, yeah, they were all there. I was in the laundry room changing out the washer...someone had taken wet clothes out of the dryer...obviously in desperate need of a clean, dry shirt. That's all it took. 3 ignores and a couple of out right disobedience and a couple of shabby halfway jobs. That was the trigger but the gun had been loaded several times over.  The boys had just left, hubby was sleeping, I was exhausted. I sat down and cried. I cried for my lack of caring, I cried for my being unable to let go, I cried for the exhaustion I felt from trying to do God's job. Enough was enough. My mother always used to say, "When you are sick and tired of being sick and tired you'll quit." But that was for the smart ones, the ones that "got it". Many of us are so deep into it that we just keep running along blindly not even realizing that we are running the wrong way or perhaps we should stop running altogether and "be still".  But for me it was an eye opener. I'd been carrying burdens that were not mine to carry, I felt obligated, responsible...and besides if I didn't do it, who would? Matthew 11:29-30  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.  It was heavy, that should have been sign enough that I had taken on the burden that belonged to someone else. I wanted to make them do what was right, I wanted to change them, I wanted to cause them to make wise choices but I am not God. The sooner I realize this, the sooner I will be well, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. It is hard not to step over the line, my job to God's job. It is difficult to stay alert and recognize when you've come across but it's not impossible. If fear is driving me then I know. If I spend more time worrying than praying then I know. If someone can throw a guilt blanket over me at the drop of a hat then I know. If I am not measuring up to an unreachable goal than I know, this is not God, this is Satan!


Discerning What is from God or from Satan

God convicts in love.
Satan accuses us in hatred.
The Holy Spirit uses the Word to convict us.
Satan uses feelings and memories to accuse us.
When God convicts us, it draws us closer to Him.
When Satan accuses us, it pulls us away from the Lord.
God’s conviction leads to discipleship and devotion.
Satan’s accusations lead to depression and discouragement.
When God convicts, it is so we might look ahead and have hope.
When Satan accuses he wants us to look back and give up.
Romans 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation.
to them which are in Christ Jesus,
who walk not after the flesh,
but after the Spirit.
1 Peter 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant;
because your adversary the devil,
as a roaring lion, walketh about,
seeking whom he may devour:

No comments:

Post a Comment